Anyway - here is how you make it:
- Decorate fabric or Tyvek with whatever message will keep you from spending. (Embroidery optional.)
- Press fabric with an iron.
- Place the credit card on top of your design, leave ⅛-inch seam allowance, and mark an outline with chalk.
- Trim fabric (should be approximately 56 inches), with your design in the top half.
- Fold the fabric in half around your credit card. With fabric held taut, pin all three sides.
- Carefully sew around the card through both layers of fabric, using your traced outline as a guide. Reinforce stitching at each end, adding a second line of hand stitching if the first isn’t snug enough.
- Pull threads to the inside of seams. Trim with pinking shears to prevent fraying.
- Insert the guarded card into your wallet. Remove all scissors and Swiss army knives from your handbag to prevent spontaneous spending.